4.0 to Release in August
The Agent 4.0 Beta is in the final stage and we plan to release Agent 4.0 this month. The $15 Agent 4.0 upgrade promotion will end when Agent 4.0 is released. A list of Agent 4.0's prominent features appears below this screenshot.
- Enhanced crosspost detection
- Ignore sub-thread
- Preview images in a separate preview window or within the message body pane
- User-definable folder property schemes for text and binary folders
- Folder properties that can auto-save binary attachments by file extension
- New "Binary" folder type that manages its own folder view state
- Automatic creation and management of attachment folders
- Redesign of attachment menus for better usability
- User-defined prioritization of tasks such as getting headers, getting small bodies, or posting messages
- Add any Usenet task to the top of the task queue by pressing the shift key
- Automatic persona assignments when posting Usenet messages
- Usenet filter expressions based on the "Newsgroups:" header
- Sort folders in the "Folders" pane
- Hide the "All Folders" desk
- Optional display of HTML formatted messages
- Control whether HTML images are displayed in the message body pane
- Only display HTML images for contacts that you trust
- Email junk detection that uses Bayesian statistics
- Disable junk detection for contacts that you trust -- no false positives
- Enable or disable junk detection per email filter
- User-definable folder property schemes for email
- New address book design for storing contacts, domains, and mailing lists
- Progressive search on contact name and email address when composing an email message
- Automatically route and file email message based on your address book
- Automatically train your address book for junk and routing simply by filing messages
- Automatic persona assignments when sending email to contacts in your address book
- Persona protection ensures that you don't accidentally use the wrong persona
- Special handling to recognize, train, route, and reply to email lists
- Email routing report to review how recent emails were received and routed.
Agent 4.0 also includes bug-fixes and other minor features. An exhaustive list will be posted to the Agent Release Notes when Agent is actually released.
The Forté Team
Forté releases Agent 8
Just one click will select, download, analyze, join, decode and repair large Usenet binaries...
Agent 8 in Final Beta
We expect general release to be in the next few weeks...
Agent 7.2 and Agent Usenet (APN) Support 30 Connections
We've increased the number of simultaneous connections to 30 for both new and existing APN users...
More Bulletins »